Saturday 18 June 2011

Gorgeous Moths of Nagaland - but how to identify them?

Took these pictures at Zunheboto. As summer begins here, hundreds of moths and bugs of all shapes and sizes come alive, flying, crawling or just meditating on the walls and roofs and around light bulbs and sometimes they annoy a lot of people :-) but they're such a pretty sight, aren't they? I think they're interesting creatures. I can hardly differentiate between a moth and a butterfly but I guess these ones are moths because they come visiting at night :-). Perhaps some lepidopterist could help identify a few here.





















2 comments:

  1. Noctuidae, Geometridae & Sphingidae moths are there. I think there are lot of insect diversity in Nagaland. I am interested to collect & take photography of insects allover the Nagaland. I am trying to make a group those who are interested to take photography & collect insects. If you know anyone or if you are interested than please contact with me through my e-mail: diptenl@gmail.com

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are very few people in Nagaland those who are interested on insects. You have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete